5.24.2008

Everyone Needs To Start Somewhere

Alright,

I figured it is time for me to make an attempt at one of the 6 items listed below instead of just whining about being bored and not having any hobbies. #1 was to get a life and I am not getting a life, so I figured should try being crafty and/or creative. I don't know if I did either one of those things well but I gave it a shot and hey, it was better than oh, I don't know being gouged in the eye. So that right there has to count for something....right?


right?

So, what did I make?

Let me show you!

Because pictures are always better than words (what can I say I am a product of the MTV generation...books? What are those?)
I made this!


What the heck is it? Don't be so rude! Hold on to your pants and I will tell you, because you are in for a wild ride (or an obscenely demure explanation of what it is and how I did it. Either way though, you are in for a good time....right?.....right?)

It started out as a plain old cork board that I was using for hanging up various things such as exciting pictures of our cats, or an idea for a recipe. It need a little more pizazz so it got a cork board make over today.

I started by
1) Taking ~1 yard of fabric and making a little pocket at the bottom and then I used my handy dandy sewing machine to sew a straight line down the middle to make the one giant pocket, into two more useful pockets.
2) Then I took the fabric, pulled it nice and firm and stapled it to the back, because, what the heck? I am fancy like that!

I didn't feel like the board and enough pizazz and it most certainly didn't take up enough time to count as a hobby so I went to town making these adorable fabric covered push pins using a button cover kit from Joann's.




To make these I used the button cover kit but I had to get rid of the pesky metal button hole loopy thing on the back, so that is exactly what I did!

Cripes! I have man hands!

I just pulled that sucker out!



Then, after that pesky button loop was out of my life once and for all I used these helpful tools

(A glue gun, thumb tack and the pliers I used to pull the button loop out of the back of the button with to turn my once very lovely button into an even more beautiful push pin.)

So I



Then I


Until I had



Which ended up looking great on the board! Not the best picture, but I promise I will do better next time.


And that my friends, is how I got off my tush and got started on finding myself a hobby!

No comments: