10.08.2008

Sweaty? Don't worry, that is how I like em!

It is hot, okay it is really god damn hot. I am not going to sugar coat it because my sugar coating has melted off. Southern California is experiencing a bit of a heat wave and the filthy construction worker of a husband and I escaped this weekend to the "wine cellar" here in town and picked up some new things to try and I am going to try to pass it off as an attempt to escape from the heat and then you won't know that we just really like trying new beers.

The lot:


















The porters and the stouts are mine, the pale ales are his an the smoked ale was ours.

Snake Dog IPA: eh, Pretty good, but skipable. Go for the dogfish head imperial IPA
Sinebrychoff Porter: Try it! DELICIOUS. When we were checking out and the cashier was mulling over our choices she mentioned that this beer was one of her favorites. I assumed she just kind of picked one out and was being a good saleswoman. But I don't think so. This porter was delicious.
Fuel Cafe Stout: Try it! Filthy husband pointed this one out to me in the huge fridge, because in our last trip I picked up an espresso stout and loved it. This was another good one. I am really liking the stouts with coffee.
Marin Brewing company stout: eh, skipable. Nothing special, not to say I didn't enjoy it but I just didn't find it that exciting.
Hop Juice Double IPA: Try it! Very hoppy, but not in a bad way. Very bitter, but not in a bad way. You just need to be into those two things. I am not. The filthy husband? VERY into those two things.

Our pick together?














Skip it, we had high hopes, mostly because I like smokey beers, filthy husband likes ales and juniper berries never hurt anyone. We waited all weekend to try this, we made the perfect meal to compliment it aaaannnddd it was a huge let down. It was fine but not worth the price tag.

No comments: