10.06.2008

Done, did it, finished, check!

Awhile back I mentioned something about needing a change in my life, and about how getting rid of the dingy, beat up, maltreated fish tank and getting a bookcase was going to be my catalyst for change. So, the fish tank is gone. We have yet to sell it, it is still hanging around for now but it is broken down into it's parts and ready to be sold on craigslist.

But have I made any changes?


Um, I would say so!

1)Like I said our huge takes-up-half-the-living-room-fish-tank is gone. Our bookcase is filled with books that were once banished to our dark dingy spare closet. Our small living room actually has room for me to breathe in now and speaking of breathing, we got something to breathe a bit of life into the room. A nano cube.



It is a small 12g Saltwater system that will be used for a fish or two and beautiful corals. I said I needed a hobby, well there it is! I have a feeling it is going to be a time consuming process, with a large learning curve and only a small margin of error allowed due to the life inside. Lots of research has gone into making sure that we are doing this right, and lots more will go in to ensure we keep doing it right. It will be a fun, beautiful, manageable journey.

2) On a much bigger scale, I quit my job and decided not to take the test for my Series 7 license. Okay, I didn't quit-quit. But I have started looking for another job and because my current employer gave me an amazing learning opportunity I felt it was only fair to be 100% honest and inform him that I was looking and give him more than 2 weeks notice. I felt like the series 7 test was the turning point for me. If I was going to remain in the financial industry the test would be my step forward but if I wasn't going to remain in this industry I needed to back out and move on and that is what I did.

Emotionally I am torn between thinking this is an amazingly exciting time in my life and tearing my hair out over the worry that I won't find a job. Whatever comes though, I am thrilled that I have chosen to make this change and very thankful that I have a large support network behind me rooting me on and I really believe that it is for the best.

I just hope I am right....

No comments: