7.22.2008

A weekend in pictures

This weekend was random and fun and pretty uneventful...but fun! So instead of making you sit through a verbal explanation of what I did, I will shhoooowww you. Because pictures are always more fun than words.

We hit up the park for a walk....
Walkway
....in a park, of Escondido's finest wildlife
Duckling

We then explored the the colorful sculptures

GraysAbstract

GreenEye

End Scene.

Ooohhh, don't you worry, there are more of these puppies coming!

We also ventured over to Oceanside, which p.s. is doing pretty well in the rehabbing the community department. I mean, it still has it's issues sure, but the pier (where we went) and surrounding area they have done a really good job with!

I had a gay old time stalking some poor surfer...
SurferII


surfer


And I was feeling friendly, so like any good friend I stalked the fishermen and fisherladies as well FishingpoleII


fishingpole

They stunk up the place and I was thoroughly offended by the fish stench and thus, they are not lucky enough to have their faces pictured. Okay, okay, that OR I am such a nerd that I don't have the huevos to take pictures of random people or ask them if I can take a picture of them....and the surfer just so happen to come into view of my telephoto lens. His fault....

*ahem* MOVING ON...we are almost done, so don't get antsy, just a few more fun to me, mundane to you things to get through.

We drank
espresso
Not that uncommon of a thing for a 23 yr old to do but we found this really cool place here in Escondido called the wine cellar, it isn't a secret, just new to us. They had rows and rows and rows of various types of brew. They are so kind to even break bottles out of their six packs, mark the price up slightly (but not too bad) and make it so you can buy just one beer, which makes it great for trying new things. The funky beer pictured above was chosen a) because I love stouts b) the espresso seemed like it would make a good addition to a stout and c) I say this with great shame, I liked the label. What can I say, I am a sucker for cute marketing. In addition to the stout we got a porter and a triple fermented ale. Tasty!

Last and most importantly, we have some exciting news.

We are proud to announce the addition of a new family member to our little budding family!!





















Mother in law, you may now excuse yourself to the bathroom to clean yourself up as I know you just peed your pants thinking I was going to announce that I was with child. Alas, at this juncutre, I am not (your first hint should have been the beer talk). But very proud to show you our little fighter!

Meet gatesy!
Gatesy

He is our bed buddy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow... these are awesome photos!